Sunday, September 15, 2013

Nirrimi Hakanson

Nirrimi Hakanson is my favourite photographer of all time. I wrote an email to her asking if I could feature her on my blog and when she said yes, I was so excited. I really hope this post does her and her work justice.

Anyways, Nirrimi has taking photographs since she was thirteen. At the age of twenty one, she has taken photographs for companies such as Diesel, Billabong and has done several editorials. Not only does she take beautiful photographs but she also writes very well. What I really love about her photographs is that there is always a story. When she writes, her stories are so good that it basically gives me the chills (in a good way). When I read her blog, I can't help but feel so much love in the posts.

Honestly, I don't know how to explain why I love Nirrimi's work so much. Perhaps it's because I've loved her work from the beginning, how I find her photographs relatable, the way she manages to have a concept in her photographs or even because her work has changed and grown over the years.

I think it is all the above but I think what I love most is that her work has grown over the years because I feel like I've grown with her through her photographs. Here are some of her work.






all photographs belong to Nirrimi Hakanson 

You can find the rest of Nirrimi's work here:

I hope her work captivates you like it has with me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment